Grants of up to $45,000 to Alaska nonprofit organizations, faith-based entities, tribal organizations, schools, and local governments for summertime programming that benefits youth. Successful requests will focus on increasing the number of young people who have access to camp experiences and improving the quality of the camp experience.
The Camp Initiative prioritizes funding for organizations that are addressing the following key issues:
Fees/Costs: Scholarships/camperships to assist in a family’s ability to pay, or for camps that do not charge a fee, the ability to pay staff and/or increase the number of participants (campers);
Special expenses: May include traveling activity kits that reach youth who are unable to attend day or resident/overnight camps, increased transportation costs, or changes in program delivery; and
Training: access to staff professional development and training for counselors.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
An organization is eligible for funding through this grant opportunity if it is one of the following:
- 501(c)3 public charitable organization with 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3) public charitable status as designated in your IRS Determination letter (including qualified faith-based organizations)
- Faith-based organization providing social services to the broader community
- Federally-recognized Tribes or Tribal nonprofit organizations
- City governments or Boroughs
- K-12 Schools
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
- State or federal government agencies
- For-profit organizations or businesses
- Private nonprofit organizations (those not identified in their IRS determination letter as 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3)
- Requests for support that do not fall within the funding guidelines outlined above
- Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity, or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities
Camp capital needs are not eligible for this grant program.
Applications are due: Wednesday, March 1 by 5:00 PM (AKST)
Grants will be reviewed soon after submission and award announcements should be expected by mid-April 2023.