All USA USA Territories: American Samoa (USA); Guam (USA); Puerto Rico (USA); Virgin Islands (USA); Northern Mariana Islands (USA); USA Compact Free Associations:The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA) Canada:Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; New Brunswick; Newfoundland and Labrador; Northwest Territories; Nova Scotia; Nunavut; Ontario; Prince Edward Island; Quebec; Saskatchewan; Yukon; International, Israel and Canada.
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations and social enterprises for health and fitness initiatives. Funding is intended for projects addressing healthy aging, such as preventative health support, prevention of non-communicable diseases, community support for older people, at-home care, nutrition, mobility, mental well-being, exercise and sport, and physical fitness. Eligible projects benefit older (65+ years) or middle-aged people (45+ years).
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
Nonprofit organizations and social enterprises that make an impact on healthy aging for older (65+ years) or middle-aged people (45+ years) may apply.
The Foundation welcomes applications from organizations all around the world.
To apply for the Fit for Life Awards, applicants must meet the following criteria:
The organization or initiative must be legally registered as a non-profit or social enterprise in its country/countries of operations.
The Foundation does not accept applications from the following types of organizations:
- Research institutes
- Government/public sector institutes
- Political organizations
- Organizations that discriminate in their leadership, staffing, or service provision on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, national origin, political affiliation, religious belief, or sexual orientation
- Stage 1: Applicants submit the online application form by 15 February 2023. The Foundation starts assessing applications as soon as possible after they come in. So don’t wait too long to complete your application.
- Stage 2: February to March 2023: Organizations shortlisted by the Fit for Life Foundation are requested to provide additional detailed information through the “stage two” online form. Applicants not selected to the next round are informed immediately.
- Stage 3: March to June 2023. The Fit for Life Foundation team carries out more in-depth due diligence on the shortlisted organizations, through onsite visits and/or virtual interviews. The Foundation team draws up a list of finalists for consideration by the Selection Committee, which chooses the three Laureates.
The three Laureates are publicly announced during the annual Fit for Life Awards Celebration in Geneva, typically in September/October.
Applicants are asked to complete this application in English, though the quality of their English will not be a key factor in determining their eligibility.