Grants of up to $10,000 to Alaska nonprofit organizations, schools, tribal entities, and faith-based organizations for programs that meet the needs of residents in eligible locations. Focus areas include arts and culture, community development, health and wellness, education, and the great outdoors. Organizational operating expenses are an eligible use of grant funds. Eligible programs are those that benefit residents of Sitka and Baranof Island.
Your organization is eligible for funding through this grant opportunity if it is one of the following:
• 501(c)3 public charitable organization with 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3) public charitable status as designated in your IRS Determination letter
• Faith-based organization providing social services
• Federally recognized Tribes or Tribal nonprofit organizations
• City governments or Boroughs
Fiscal Sponsorship: Ineligible organizations may be able to receive funding for projects if they seek support from a qualified organization who is willing to provide fiscal sponsorship. Fiscal sponsors must agree to take legal and fiscal responsibility for accepting grant funds from SLF on behalf of the ineligible organization. A letter from the fiscal sponsor must be submitted with the application for the project to be considered.
The following are not eligible for grant funding:
• State or federal government agencies
• For-profit organizations or businesses
• Private nonprofit organizations (those not identified in their IRS determination letter as 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2), or 509(a)(3)
• Requests for support that do not fall within the funding guidelines
• Activities that improperly discriminate as to race, gender, marital status, sexual preference, age, disability, creed or ethnicity, or grants for religious indoctrination or other religious activities
• Non-Alaska based organizations
Deadline for Applications: 5:00 PM (AKST) Monday, September 25, 2023