Fellowships with awards of up to $2,500 to Alaska nursing students to work in small communities in eligible locations. Preference is given to students who plan to work in operating rooms, students who demonstrate financial need, and students who are eligible for graduation within 2 years of the academic term for when the award will be used. Applicants must commit to a 1-year service obligation to practice nursing in a small community in Southeast Alaska (fewer than 50,000 residents).
The David E. Knox Memorial Nursing Fellowship was established to support outstanding candidates in the pursuit of registered nursing degrees and service to small Alaskan communities.
Applicant should reflect the personal and professional values of David E. Knox:
Commitment to professional nursing in rural settings
Compassion for patients and co-workers
High level of organization and attention to detail
Applicant should demonstrate motivation, academic and/or leadership potential.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must have completed prerequisites for nursing (BSN or RN) degree-seeking program
- Must be enrolled full-time in BSN or RN degree program by the beginning of the next academic session or semester when the award will be used.
- Applicants must be in good standing with a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must be a nursing student in 2, 3, and 4-year programs.
- Applicant must commit to a 1-year service obligation to practice nursing in a small community in Alaska (less than 50,000 residents per current census figures).
Scholarship Application Open: January 5, 2023 - March 15, 2023